Describing himself as “funnier than a chili dog fart in a space suit” and “crazier than a soup sandwich,” Upchurch is the hick-hop alter ego of comic, rapper, and musician Ryan Upchurch. A knowing parody of the idiosyncrasies and stereotypes of young men in the Deep South, the Upchurch character was born in a series of homemade videos posted online in 2014, and then expanded into a series of recordings that combined comedy, rap, and rock.
Upchurch was born in Pegram, Tennessee on May 24, 1991. He developed while goofing around with friends. Videos uploaded to YouTube gradually gained him an audience far beyond acquaintances. He issued his first single, “Raise Hell and Eat Cornbread,” in 2014, and it led to the independent 2015 EP Cheatham County, which reached Billboard’s rap and country album charts. A full-length, Heart of America, followed in January 2016, with elder kindred spirit Bubba Sparxxx as a guest on the track “Keep It Country.” Upchurch also capitalized on his growing fan base by starting a line of merchandise, RHEC (named for the tune “Raise Hell and Eat Cornbread”).
Released in December of that year, Bad Mutha Fucka would be his second full-length release of 2016. Upchurch had another busy year in 2017, issuing a straight-up country EP, Summer Love, under his full name in May, followed by a pair of long-players, Son of the South and King of Dixie, under the Upchurch moniker. In April 2018, Upchurch released the album Creeker, which fused his rap stylings with hard rock guitars. In December of 2018, Upchurch returned with another full-length, River Rat. Parachute arrived quickly on its heels, appearing digitally in September of 2019.
Carly Rogers knew she was meant to leave her hometown in Vermont from the age of 4. She moved to Nashville, Tennessee as soon as she could when she was 17 years old to pursue her dream of writing songs and playing music. Since then Carly has sang in every state east of the Mississippi River and some beyond.
GUIDELINES FOR COVID-19 PRACTICES AT THE JUNE 12TH RYAN UPCHURCH CONCERT
* DO NOT attend this event if you have a fever, don’t feel well or have a positive test result for the Coronavirus.
* We are requiring Face Masks for this event and you must wear a Face Mask unless you have a medical condition that prevents Face Mask use per State guidance.
* We reserve the right and you agree by entering the facility that we may take your temperature before admittance or during the concert to insure that your temperature is not elevated. We have proper non- intrusive temperature measuring devices for such purpose.
* Please practice proper Social Distancing of 6′ or more. We will display the concert on our Jumbo-Tron screen during this event which will allow excellent viewing of the concert from a safe social distancing location.
* Handwashing/Sanitation stations will be on site for your convenience. You will be able to practice sanitation practices at these stations and we encourage there use. Additionally, Face Masks are available should you need one for purchase. Please come to the event with proper sanitation and use these facilities during the concert.
* To the extent possible we will limit contact thru transactions with you and will employ paperless transactions where ever possible.
* We will employ a cleaning group during the event to sanitize surfaces.
* Currently Virginia limits attendance for Outdoor Concerts to a max of 50% of the venues stated capacity. At this time we are not at that capacity and we will monitor sales to conform to that requirement and we will advise should this concert get close to maximum attendance and in no event will we sell more tickets than this guidance. We strongly recommend that you purchase tickets in advance and not rely on box office availability.
COVID -19 is a dangerous condition and we ask that you take these measures seriously. Security will be present to insure your protection and we ask that you extend courtesy to fellow concert attendees and to the security personnel that have been engaged to provide added safety during this event. We will also have Licensed Emergency Medical Service on site provided by LifeCare Ambulatory Services.
We welcome you and Ryan Upchurch to The Groove Outdoors July 25th and look forward to a magical concert event!!
***BUYER BEWARE: ETIX is the ONLY authorized online ticket seller for this event. If you buy a print-at-home-ticket/phone or hard ticket from an unauthorized vendor or source (ie: Facebook, eBay, StubHub, Craigslist, ticket sales, SeatGeek, etc) we cannot guarantee that it is a valid ticket. ETIX and The Groove Music Hall/Dominion Raceway and Entertainment are not responsible for any counterfeit tickets and cannot provide support for any third-party purchases. Please note you may be asked to show ID upon entrance to shows.